Today I had my assessment for joining the year long waiting list for DBT in the community, it was something I was dreading as a few years ago when I had the same assessment I was told I wasn’t suitable due to being unable to speak & express my thoughts & feelings etc. so the pressure was on to get it right this time.
Well they haven’t officially said no yet,they are going to write to me,but they as good as said no.They said that I would be to much of a risk as my self harm is so out of control & trying to get me to stop it would likely increase to it getting worse & more dangerous,which they couldn’t risk.
Yesterday was the funding panel meeting,my CPN went to present my case for funding for specialist inpatient DBT,she stopped me on my way out of my assessment & took me into a room to tell me how that went,well she didn’t seem all that possitive at all,she said at least my name is out there now so if we re apply in the future my case in known,but that the funding panel were unable to make a decision as there were not enough members present due to sickness.
So where the bloody hell does that leave me?